Do you have opinions about restaurants?
Is there a saint behind the bar at your favorite watering hole who deserves to be recognized for their mixology skills? Do you walk out of your tanning salon with the best damn tan south of Jersey?
Then you’ve come to the right place!
Welcome to encore’s Best of Wilmington NOMINATION ROUND. Our annual readers poll, now in its 26th year, gives our readers a chance to voice their opinions on the best places to go and cultural events to see and do in the Wilmington area.
Here’s how this works:
- This nomination ballot will be available until December 18th, 2014
- On December 22nd, the final ballot will be released with the top 3 nominees from the nomination round.
- All voting will end on January 19th, 2015
- In both voting rounds, we ask that our readers vote in at least 25 categories. One ballot per person. A valid email address is required.
- Winners will be announced at our annual Best of Wilmington awards party (details TBA) in February.
- The top three bands are asked to play the Best Of Party, where people can add to their votes by donating to the charity hosting the Best Of event. Band/musician votes culled on the ballot are carried over and added to votes made on the night of the party.
Rules on campaigning:
encore encourages local businesses and groups to campaign for their patrons/fans to vote for them in the Best of Wilmington 2015. However, we want this contest to be as fair as possible, so there are a couple campaigning practices to avoid if you want your votes to be counted:
- No stuffing the ballot box! That means you can’t vote under multiple email addresses or encourage customers and employees to do so.
- No voting on someone else’s behalf. If you have a list of email addresses that don’t belong to you, please, don’t fill out ballots in their names.
- Do not entice patrons/fans into voting for you by offering specials, discounts, or prizes in exchange for votes.